NLP is a set of skills and models that allow us to replicate human excellence, hence it is known as the science of excellence. This replica, called “model” because it involves models have a significantly accelerate personal and professional development in fields as diverse as sport, health, psychotherapy, management, business and education.
NLP is also known popularly as “manual to humans” by the abundance of tools and techniques to provide. Study the patterns and processes (programming) created by the interaction between the brain (neuro), the language (linguistics) , the body and the senses:
- Neuro.- The nervous system is responsible for how we process information and regulate our entire body.
- Linguistic.- The language determines how we interfere and communicate with others.
- Programming.- The different models of the world we have and we gain are what create and regulate our behavior.
NLP is an applied science that offers:
- An Epistemology – because as science it studies how it is generated and validated what we know through learning and a value system.
- A Methodology – because it analyzes the application of processes and procedures above knowledge.
- A Technology – because it has a set of skills and techniques, applied allow you to modify or create a process whose purpose is a useful solution for the person.
In 1980, Robert Dilts, John Grinder, Richard Bandler and Judith DeLozier in his book “Neuro-Linguistic Programming: Volume 1” were define NLP as:
“Neuro-Linguistic Programming is a discipline whose domain is the study of the structure of subjective experience”